Daily Meditation can be truly life-changing.
That is why I focus an ample amount of time teaching my students how to use meditation
to support their lives spiritually, mentally and physically.
Joseph’s Top 5 Reasons to Meditate
- Meditation is one of the most effective ways to inner peace, loss of judging self, and development to let things happen rather than make them happen.
- Meditation promotes a sense of wellbeing, boost the immune system, brain function, ability to learn, and slows aging.
- Meditation helps to consciously cultivate positive mental habits.
- Meditation help to identify and let go of stress-inducing habits, including depression and anxiety.
- Meditation allows you to find peace in every moment.
A Simple Meditation
Find a comfortable seated position.
Sit, feeling as if you are sitting with a sense of dignity and ease. Bring your awareness to your posture. Be comfortable and relax. Take a few deep breaths and feel the body let go on the exhale.
Find your breath.
Create this type of breath, allowing the abdomen to rise and fall with the breath. Bring your awareness to the feel of the breath in your nostrils. Follow the breath as it moves in and out of your nostrils. Allow the breath to become effortless and if able, breath in for 4 heartbeats and out for 4 heartbeats.
Find your focus.
Come up with a object of focus, intention, or affirmation – which is totally up to you. It could be an image, a word, a scripture, or a mantra. An example could be as simple as “All is well,” saying this either out loud or in your mind.
Allow the thoughts to come and go in your mind. Don’t judge or criticize your mind for being active. It’s doing what the mind does. Return to your object of focus when the mind becomes distracted. Continue this for 3-12 minutes.