Workshop fee: $150 10.5 CEU credit hours offered.
Join Dr. Jaime Goldman, for a teacher training immersion hosted by Joseph Stingley’s Soul Motivation School of Yoga.
The pelvic floor is complex and frequently misunderstood, often at the detriment of the individuals we serve (or ourselves!) As the energetic location of the Root Chakra, the pelvic floor plays an integral role in numerous body systems, including our bowel/bladder and sexual function, core stability, respiration, and in our movement and balance systems. The importance of the pelvic floor is just beginning to gain the attention it deserves, but it’s complex, and involves so much more than the kegel, or simply “drawing the navel into the spine,” as we so commonly cue.
Join Women’s Health Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist, Registered Yoga Teacher, and birth doula, Dr. Jaime Goldman, DPT, for a one-day intensive workshop focused on defining, demystifying, and connecting with the pelvic floor for essential embodied integration. Prepare to go beyond the basics, gain clarity, expand your current understanding, and take away holistic and practical tools that will directly impact the lives of the people you serve (and yourself).
- Anatomy and biomechanics of the pelvic floor structures
- Expansion on the three-diaphragm model (pelvic, respiratory, and vocal)
- Identification of the 4 most common pelvic floor dysfunction patterns
- Where to begin: Addressing pelvic floor dysfunction with breath, movement, and behavior
- Expansion on the breath, intra-abdominal pressure systems, and the diaphragm
- Integration of the biopsychosocial-spiritual model (or pancha maya kosha)
- Discussion of kegels, hypopressives, surgery, medications, and other controversial topics
- Working with special populations most impacted by pelvic floor conditions
- Preparing the pregnant client for birth while minimizing the risk of pelvic floor injuries
- Postpartum pelvic floor and core: Building the foundation and re-establishing connection
- Alignment cues and coaching, the phrases we commonly use that may be harming rather than helping
- Unlocking constipation with pelvic floor integration
- The role of fascia, adhesions and scar tissue (from abdominal and pelvic surgeries, infection, birth injuries, episiotomies, and caesarean incision
- Serving survivors of sexual abuse and trauma
Practical Lab Sessions:
- Exploration of intentional breath work for the pelvic floor
- Practice a yoga flow developed for the pelvic floor (appropriate for all levels)
- Experience a guided pelvic floor meditation, and receive online access to the recording for personal or professional use
- Understand core Integration strategies for movement and for life
- Sample Vocal toning techniques that connect us with the pelvic floor
- Pregnancy and postpartum pelvic floor lab
- Assess postural alignment, and guide clients back to better pelvic floor facilitation
- Beyond the Mula Bunda: Learn how to correctly perform and cue a pelvic floor muscle contraction, AND relaxation (up to 70% of women are performing it incorrectly, even after instruction!)
Dr. Jaime Goldman is a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy specializing in the care of pregnancy, post-partum, and the pelvic floor. She is the owner of her own practice, called Luna Physical Therapy. Jaime resides in San Diego, CA with her husband and two daughters.
With almost 10 years of experience as a physical therapist, Jaime has worked in a multitude of therapeutic settings, including in hospitals, in-patient rehab, and private practice. Dr. Goldman was also a former physical therapy specialist with Johns Hopkins Medical Systems (SMH campus), on their prestigious joint replacement team.
After becoming a mother in 2013, Jaime’s focus shifted towards a new passion in Women’s health physical therapy. In her own words, Jaime states, “Becoming a mother has been the most transformative experience of my life. It has deepened my spiritual and emotional understanding of who I am as a person, and how I am meant to serve others.” Her work as a birth doula, and as a registered yoga instructor, are extensions of this awakening.
Jaime has completed numerous advanced practice certifications and seminars to enable her to provide expert-level care for women in pregnancy, post-partum, and in managing pelvic floor conditions for female pre-teen/teens and women. She brings her passion for women’s health along with her technical skills from advanced training and study, and her lived experience as a mother of two, and uses this powerful combination to bring healing, and improve the quality of life of her clients. Sessions with Jaime will integrate the breath and nervous system, functional movement, strategic strengthening, and compassionate hands-on care.
You can learn more about Dr. Jaime Goldman, DPT, RYT Doula by visiting her website lunaphysicaltherapy.com
Instagram @lunaphysicaltherapy and @thecompassionwomb